Sports Massage Therapy
What is Sports Massage?
Sports Massage is the term applied to the discipline of using massage for the specific benefit of all sports and exercise participants. It covers the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the soft tissues of the body - for example : muscles, ligaments and tendons.
Sports Massage should be tailored to the individual's needs to positively enhance one's ability to perform.
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Improve circulation and Lymphatic flow
- Sedate or Stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Assist in mental preparation before sporting participation
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Remodel scar tissue when required
Improving your performance - helping you to reach your goals
Regardless of whether you exercise or play sport to keep fit, or compete - from club to international level - sports massage may have something to offer you ...
Sports massage can give a general feeling of well being or can be beneficial at various stages of participation.
- In the conditioning / Training phase
- Between competitions
- Post travel
- Injury prevention
- Injury recvovery
Is it for me?
As a member of the Sports Massage Association, I am obliged to identfy anyone for whom sports massage would be ill advised or detrimental to their short or long term well being. I assess each individual and with their agreement, provide the appropriate massage techniques. If necessary I will advise if alternative action or therapy other than sports massage is required.