COVID-19 current status
Last edited 19/06/19
Important announcements following recent guidance published by the UK Government relating to England.
Following recent announcements by the Government on the further easing of lockdown restrictions relating to groups of up to six people meeting outdoors, CIMSPA (in dialogue with DCMS and Sport England) has clarified what the new guidance means for outdoor training and coaching in England.
The key points are:
- Personal training and coaching is allowed, provided that it takes place outdoors and all current social distancing and hygiene measures are observed.
- From Monday 1 June, one-to-one training can take place in a private garden, while observing social distancing and hygiene rules.
- From Monday 1 June, personal training, coaching and group exercise can take place in groups of up to six people (including the trainer/coach) in a garden or public outdoor space, provided that two metre social distancing and other hygiene measures can be observed.
- A trainer or coach can meet with multiple clients (or groups) per day but should avoid overlapping sessions to prevent congregation of people.
- Parents can take their children to a one-to-one outdoor training/coaching session, provided the gathering does not exceed six people.
- Sports coaches or trainers undertaking one-to-one sessions should ensure they are complying with relevant National Governing Body Safeguarding Policies and Procedures and conduct a thorough risk assessment before engaging in any sessions. This should include particular consideration for under 18s and vulnerable adults.
- Appropriate insurance policies should be in place for all activities.
- Use of equipment should be kept to a minimum (and only used if stringent hygiene practices can be assured, meaning the thorough cleaning of all equipment before and after use).
Please note: Indoor sport facilities must remain closed at this time and the use of outdoor gyms is not permitted.
I can assure all clients that I have completed risk assessments, am insured and have minimised equipment used and that all equipment which is used has been thoughly cleaned both before and after use. I also have the appropraite PPE available should the need arise.
Please note that it is important that I have contact details of all class participants in case 'Trace and Contact' is required.